VÚB Bank advantages
|processing of cashless transfers of funds sent to VÚB from abroad||processing of cashless transfers of funds sent from VÚB abroad or into another Slovak bank in a foreign currency||check processing (bank, private)|
Non-SEPA transfers from abroad
VÚB bank shall make a payment on the basis of a document received from a foreign bank. In case of sufficient data on the document, the payment processing shall be processed online by settlement on the client's account on the value date, not later than the next working day after receipt of the document.
VÚB Bank credits foreign payments to the client's account at the exchange rate of the day at the time of processing and at the amount stated by the foreign bank. Payments in counter-value in excess of the bank limit (above-limit operation) are processed at an individual rate.
Basic data needed to make a payment from abroad for a client of VÚB Bank via SWIFT:
- Name of the bank:
- Všeobecná úverová banka, a. s.
- Mlynské Nivy 1
- 829 90 Bratislava
- Swift address of the bank: SUBASKBX
- Recipient account number, including the bank code 0200
- Unabridged name and address of the payment recipient
- Purpose of payment (e.g., invoice No. XXX for goods, gift, etc.)
Payments from abroad by check
VÚB Bank accepts all types of bank and private checks that are issued by a foreign bank or other institution, or person in a foreign currency or in EUR.
Bank and private checks have a limited maturity and must be submitted within the time limits set by the law (Act No. 191/1950 Coll., The Bills and Checks Act). At the same time, they must also comply with other conditions within the meaning of this Act. The check is presented by the check owner, that is, on the order of whom the check is issued. If the owner of the check is immobile, he/she will sign the check on the back of the checker in front of a notary, who shall write up a report on it. Thereafter, the entrusted person may submit the check to VÚB bank, together with the minutes and the representation mandate.
They are issued by banking institutions. If the bank can verify the signatories' signatures by signature specimens, or at the client's request, verify the coverage of the check via S.W.I.F.T., it can pay the checks immediately upon submission. If it is not possible to verify the signatories of the check issuer, respectively its coverage, VÚB bank will take over the check for non-binding collection.
They are issued by non-banking institutions, or legal entities or natural persons. For these checks, it is not possible to verify their coverage or signatories' signatures, so VÚB bank therefore only accepts them for non-binding collection. The value of the check is paid to the client only after the payment has been credited to them by a foreign bank. Payment of the check accepted for collection by VÚB Bank is executed on the client's account in the exchange rate from the day of the valuta date, that is, from the day when the payment was credited by the foreign bank and in cash by the current exchange rate.
Non-SEPA international transfers
Clean international payments are made on the basis of a correctly filled in payment order submitted by the client, which must be based on means of coverage. The client shall submit the payment order:
- in person (Payment order, ZPP Web form - Foreign payments)
- through electronic distribution channels (InBiz, Nonstop banking, Multicash)
VÚB bank shall ensure the processing of the payment order on the day of submission, if the client submits the payment order in electronic form by 3:00 pm and in paper form by 2:00 pm. If the client submits a Payment order after a specified time, the bank shall process the payment order on the day of receipt, not later than the next business day.
VÚB Bank charges funds to the debit of the client's account online, in accordance with the exchange rate applicable at the time of submission of the Payment order. If a different Due date is listed in the payment order than the day on which the Payment order is submitted, the funds will be charged to the account of the payee by the first exchange rate applicable on the Due date. If funds are credited from the payee's account on a day other than the day of submission, the funds are billed at the first valid exchange rate on the current Banking Day. Reimbursements in excess of the bank's limit (over-the-limit operations) will be processed at an individual exchange rate.
What is a Non-SEPA transfer
Non-SEPA transfer means a payment transaction:
- Transfer in FC within and outside the EU and EEA (excluding transfers within VÚB, a.s.)
- Transfer performed in EUR outside the EU and EEA
- Transfers in EUR executed outside VÚB within the EU and EEA that do not meet the SEPA Euro-transfer terms
- Urgent transfer performed in EUR and a FC within and outside the EU and EEA (excluding transfers within VÚB, a.s.)
A non-SEPA transfer is only executed from a current account based on your completed Payment order submitted in a branch on the Payment order form, on forms accepted by us or entered electronically. We do not accept written Payment orders delivered by post unless otherwise agreed with you.
Type of transfer to suit your needs
urgent transfer – transfer executed by SWIFT with the valuta date of the current Banking business day on the Due date in which the correspondent bank or beneficiary bank has funds for the beneficiary on the processing date
standard transfer – transfer performed by standard SWIFT in which the correspondent bank or beneficiary's bank has funds for the beneficiary with the due date + 2 Bank business days from the date of receipt and processing of the Payment order, no later than 5 Bank business days from the date of receipt and processing of the payment order D+4).
We carry out the transfer
- By swift - payments sent via the SWIFT system from the company S.W.I.F.T. - The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, which allows communication between financial institutions domestically and abroad.
- By check - we only execute a standard transfer with an OUR charge instruction and only in the following currencies CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, NOK, SEK and USD. The issuer of the check is directly us or a correspondent bank.
Fee instruction options
When making a payment abroad, or domestically, the client shall determine the method of settlement of the VÚB a.s. fees and the foreign or domestic bank by choosing from three options on the payment order:
- SHA - VÚB Bank fees are paid by the payer while the correspondent bank's fees and the fees of the recipient's bank are borne by the payee. A transfer with a specified instruction on the SHA charges may be reduced by the fees of the correspondent banks and beneficiary bank.
- OUR - fees of VÚB Bank, fees of the correspondent banks and the beneficiary bank are paid by the ordering party. Fees may be charged additionally. A transfer with the specified OUR charge instruction will be credited in full. Transfers with OUR instructions are performed as follows:
- A payment order in EUR or another currency in which VÚB Bank carries out transfers within the European Economic Area with OUR charge instructions, regardless of the conversion on your account, will automatically be changed during processing to a payment order with SHA charge instructions.
- A payment order to countries outside the EU and the EEA with OUR charge instructions will be executed in accordance with the instructions, the fees of other banks for the OUR instruction may also be charged additionally,
- BEN - • fees of VÚB, a.s., correspondent banks and recipient banks are charged to the recipient of the transfer, i.e. the payer's account will be debited with the amount indicated on the PO, the amount of the sent transfer will be reduced by VÚB Bank's fee, and the amount reduced by the fees of VÚB Bank, correspondent banks and recipient banks may be credited to the recipient's account. In case of urgent transfer, the fee is always charged to the payer.
- A payment order in EUR or other currency in which VÚB makes transfers within the European Economic Area with the BEN charge instruction will be automatically changed to a payment order with a SHA charge instruction, regardless of the conversion on your account.
- For transfers sent outside the EU and the EEA, VÚB Bank does not change the fee instruction,
Cut-off times for submitting a Payment order
- until 3:00 pm to make a standard transfer on the date of submission of the Payment Order submitted electronically;
- until 2:00 pm to make a standard transfer on the date of submission of the Payment Order submitted at a branch;
- until 3:00 pm to execute a Payment order in the form of an urgent transfer in EUR within the EU and EEA countries to the banks involved in Target2 on the date of submission of the Payment order submitted electronically;
- until 2:00 pm to execute a Payment order in the form of an urgent transfer in EUR within the EU and EEA countries to the banks involved in Target2 on the date of submission of the Payment order submitted at the branch;
- until 11:00 am to make an urgent transfer in EUR to banks not involved in Target2 or outside the EU and EEA, and FC on the day of submission of the Payment Order.
Web form for Foreign payments
The web form is designed to fill in the Foreign Payment order in an electronic environment. It can be used for transfers as well as a paper payment order to pay abroad. Payments are subject to fees in accordance with the pricelist of VÚB Bank as the Foreign Payment order submitted to the branch.
After filling in the Payment order in the electronic environment, print out the form, duly sign it and submit it at the VÚB branch in paper form. Make a photocopy of the Payment order for your needs. You must have Adobe Reader in the 9.0 version or above installed to use the Web form.
In the field of Foreign payments, VÚB BANK allows - besides payments in EUR and basic foreign currencies - the carrying out of payments in more than 100 selected foreign currencies where the client can pay various payments for goods, services, wages, contributions or gifts almost all over the world.
Benefits for the client
- expanding payment options in the area of Foreign Payments
- standard filling in of a Foreign payment order
- execution on the recipient bank with a standard D + 2 due date no later than 5 bank business days from the date of receipt and the processing of the payment order (D + 4)
- a zero increase in transaction-related fees, foreign payment fees in accordance with the valid VÚB Bank price list
- information about the foreign currency / EUR fixed exchange rate valid on the current business day - available at VÚB Bank branches
Submission of a payment order
In the branch office:
- Foreign payment order
- ZPP web form (The web form is designed to fill in a Foreign Payment order in the electronic environment.) After filling it in, print out the form, duly sign it and submit it at any VÚB branch in paper form. Make a photocopy for your needs. You must have Adobe Reader in the 9.0 version or above installed to use the Web form.
- through Multichannel (Internet banking, Mobile banking, Call center)
The processing of a payment order
- VÚB bank shall ensure the processing of the payment order on the day of submission, if the client submits the payment order in paper form by 2:00 pm and in electronic form by 3:00 pm.
- If a client submits a payment order after the set time, it will be processed by the bank on the next business day with the foreign currency / EUR exchange rate of the day.
- Payments are charged in the sense of the VÚB Bank price list as a Foreign Payment order submitted at a branch or electronically. The client's account to which the payment in a foreign currency will be charged must be kept in EUR.
Special requirements before making a payment
- Payments in selected foreign currencies must be sent in accordance with the foreign exchange regulations (regulations) of the country concerned. If this does not happen, a foreign bank has the right not to make a payment and return it to the sender's account. In accordance with the foreign exchange or banking regulations of each country, the beneficiary of the payment is obliged to provide the documents - if required by the correspondent bank or beneficiary bank
- List of countries with the appropriate local currency:
- Brazil- currency BRL
- Colombia - currency COP
- Chile - currency CLP
- India - currency INR
- Kazakhstan - currency KZT
- Mozambique - currency MZN
- Peru - currency PEN
- Uruguay - currency UYU
- Venezuela - currency VEF
List of countries with the appropriate local currency:
|Name of the country||Currency code||Name of the currency|
|The Bahamas||BSD||Bahamian dollar|
|Bosnia||BAM||vouchers (convert. marka)|
|Dominican Republic||DOP||Dominican peso|
|Dutch Antilles||ANG||Antillean guilder|
|Hong Kong||HKD||Hong Kong dollar|
|Israel||ILS||Israeli new shekel|
|South Africa||ZAR||South African rand|
|South Korea||KRW||South Korean won|
|Cameroon||XAF||franc BEAC / CFA|
|Cape Verde||CVE||Cape Verde escudo|
|Costa Rica||CRC||Costa Rican colón|
|New Zealand||NZD||New Zealand Dollar|
|Papua New Guinea||PGK||Papua New Guinean kina|
|Ivory Coast||XOF||franc BCEAO/CFA|
|Saudi Arabia||SAR||Saudi rial|
|United Arab Emirates||AED||SAE dirham|
|Sri Lanka||LKR||Sri Lanka rupee|
|Solomon Islands||SBD||Solomon Islands|
|Taiwan||TWD||Taiwan new dollar|
|Trinidad, Tobago||TTD||dollar Trinidad and Tobago|
|Venezuela||VEF||Venezuela bolivar fuerte|
Following the accession of the Slovak Republic to the EU and in order to standardize the execution of payments in EUR, VÚB Bank has been involved in the EBA-STEP2 European Clearing System since October 2004.
EBA-STEP2 is a payment system that enables automated payment processing within EU, EEA and Swiss banks.
In order to send a payment via EBA-STEP2, when a payment order is submitted by the client, it is necessary that, in addition to standard data, the payment is as follows:
- currency EUR
- payment type - standard
- the account of the recipient always in the correct IBAN form
- BIC - Swift code of the recipient's bank in the EU, EEA and Switzerland
- instructions on fees - SHA (fees of the payer's bank are paid by the payer, the fees of other banks are borne by the recipient)
If the aforementioned conditions are met, VÚB Bank will ensure payment through the STEP2 system. In such a case, the client only pays the fees of VÚB Bank, payment at the recipient's bank is made in the full amount - without charging the fees of foreign banks.