Deposit Product Insurance
As one of the few banks in the market, we offer several options of insurance coverage also for deposit products:
Start account insurance
VUB Bank rewards active owners of the Start account with a bonus - Start account insurance.
How to get Start account insurance for free?
- Have a credit of at least EUR 100 deposited into your Start account or deposit it (e.g. pocket money from parents, wage from a summer job, scholarship, etc.)
- Make at least 6 transactions in the Start account per month (e.g. pay with the card in a shop, pay online, top up mobile phone credit via ATM, etc.)
If you meet the conditions, you will always get insurance for the following calendar month for free.
- Insurance against loss or theft of documents such as an identity card, passport, driving license, etc. The insurance covers costs actually incurred for producing new documents, up to € 100 for one insured event and up to 2 insured events per year.
- Insurance against theft of keys from a flat, a house or a car. The insurance covers costs actually incurred for replacing the original keys, safety locks, etc., up to € 100 for one insured event and up to 2 insured events per year.
- Insurance against wallet theft. The insurance covers costs actually incurred for the purchase of a new wallet, up to € 100 for one insured event and up to 2 insured events per year.
- Insurance against bag theft. The insurance covers costs actually incurred for the purchase of a new bag, up to € 100 for one insured event and up to 2 insured events per year.
- Insurance against misuse of the SIM card from a lost or stolen mobile phone. The insurance covers the costs of unauthorized calls made from the stolen or lost phone, within the maximum of 48 hours of the request to block the SIM card, up to € 100 for one insured event and up to 2 insured events per year.
Start of the insurance
The client is insured from the first day of the month following the month in which the insurance conditions were met. The insurance is always valid for one calendar month.
Detailed information on insurance is available in the General Insurance Conditions.
What to do in the case of an insured event
If an insured event occurs, it has to be immediately reported at insurance company telephone number +421 2 5824 0011, the Notification of an Insured Event form has to be filled in and sent to the address of the Cardif insurance company:
Poisťovňa Cardif Slovakia, a.s.
821 09 Bratislava
The form specifies what other additional documents to submit and what operations to do in order to settle the insured event as soon as possible.
Accident insurance for a children passbook
After the specified conditions have been met, VUB Bank rewards owners of children passbooks with a bonus - accident insurance.
This insurance is not sold separately.
How to get the bonus - accident insurance for a children passbook?
If the condition of average daily balance of € 700 in a given month (valid from 1 February 2010) is met and if the amount remains in the children passbook for at least 15 days in the month, the owner of the children passbook will get the bonus of accident insurance.
Start and duration of the insurance
The client is insured from the first day of the month following the month in which the specified condition was met. The insurance is always valid for one calendar month. The client will be insured for the period in which the specified conditions are met.
Insurance scope and insured amounts
It is accident insurance for a child (of the passbook owner), which includes the following insured events:
- permanent disability caused by an accident
- daily compensation for the period of necessary treatment of the accident, which is paid out for each day from the 8th day of accident treatment
- insurance against fractures*
|Permanent disability||€ 1,659.70|
|Daily compensation for treatment period form the 8th day||€ 1.33 per day|
|Insurance against fractures*||€ 33.19 / € 16.60|
Detailed information on insurance is specified in the General Insurance Conditions for Accident Insurance.
*Insurance against fractures is only for children aged up to 18.
What to do in the case of an insured event?
If and insured occurs, it is necessary to fill in and send the following forms to the Generali insurance company:
- Notification of an Accident - to be filled in after an accident occurs
- Report of the Treating Physician - to be filled in by the physician who was treating the accident, after the treatment is finished
You can get both forms at branches of VUB Bank or Generali insurance company.