Insurance for deposit products
We are one of the few banks on the market to offer a variety of insurance options for deposit products:
VÚB Bank rewards active holders of a Start Account in the form of a bonus - Start Account insurance
How to get free insurance for a Start Account?
- You can either send or deposit credit in the minimum amount of EUR 100 per month on the Start Account (such as pocket money from parents, part-time job pay, scholarship, etc.)
- Make at least 6 monthly account movements on the Start Account (for example, pay with the card at the store, pay via the Internet, recharge your phone via an ATM, and more ...)
You will always get insurance for the next calendar month automatically free of charge after fulfilling the terms.
Scope of insurance
- Insurance for the loss or theft of documents such as an identity card, a travel passport, a driving license, and others. The insurance covers the costs actually incurred for the production of replacement documents, up to a maximum of € 100 per claim and a maximum of 2 claims per year.
- Insurance of key theft from an apartment, house or car. The insurance covers the actual costs incurred by replacing the original keys, replacing the security cylinders, etc., up to a maximum of € 100 per claim and a maximum of 2 claims per year.
- Insurance of stolen wallets. The insurance covers the costs actually incurred for the purchase of new wallets, up to a maximum of € 100 per claim and a maximum of 2 claims per year.
- Insurance for the theft of a bag. The insurance covers the costs actually incurred for the purchase of a new bag, up to a maximum of € 100 per claim and a maximum of 2 claims per year.
- Insurance for the misuse of a SIM card of a lost or stolen telephone. The insurance covers the cost of unauthorized calls made from a stolen or lost phone, up to 48 hours before the SIM card is blocked, up to a maximum of EUR 100 per claim and a maximum of 2 claims per year.
The beginning of the insurance
The client is insured from the first day of the month following the month in which he/she fulfilled the conditions for the occurrence of the insurance. The insurance is always acquired for 1 calendar month. For more detailed insurance information, please refer to the General Insurance Terms.
What to do in the event of a claim
In the event of a claim, it is necessary to report it immediately to the telephone number of the insurance company +421 2 5824 0011 and to print the Insurance Claim Notification form and send it to the address of the insurance company Cardif:
Poisťovňa Cardif Slovakia, a.s.
821 09 Bratislava
The document directly identifies what other documents need to be submitted and what steps to take to ensure that the insured event is resolved as soon as possible.
VÚB Bank, after fulfilling the specified conditions, will reward the owners of children's savings books in the form of a bonus - accident insurance. This insurance is not a product which is sold separately.
How to get the bonus – insurance for a child’s savings book?
If the average daily balance of €700 per month (valid as of 1 February 2010) is met, while this will be on the child's savings book at least 15 days a month, the owner of the child's savings book receives a bonus in the form of accident insurance.
The start and duration of insurance
The client receives the insurance from the first day of the month following the month in which he/she fulfilled the specified condition. The insurance is always acquired for 1 calendar month. The client will be insured for as long as he/she meets the specified conditions.
The scope of insurance and the insured amounts
This is the accident insurance of the child (the owner of the savings book), which includes the insurance risks:
- permanent disability resulting from accidents
- daily compensation for the period of necessary injury treatment to be paid for each day from the 8th day of the injury treatment
- bone fracture insurance *
|Insured risk||Insurance coverage|
|Daily compensation for the treatment period from the 8th day||1,33€ per day|
|Breakage insurance *||33,19€ / 16,60€|
More detailed information on insurance coverage is provided in the General Insurance Terms for Accident Insurance.
* Bone fracture insurance is only provided to children up to the age of 18.
What to do in the event of a claim?
In case of a claim, the following completed forms must be sent to Generali Poisťovňa:
- Injury notice - fill in after injury
- Attending physician report – to be completed by the doctor who treated the injury until the end of treatment
You can obtain both forms at the branches of VÚB Bank or Generali Poisťovňa.