Business support from external sources
Slovak Guarantee and Development Bank (Slovenská záručná a rozvojová banka, a.s.) (SGDB) issues a security in the form of a bank guarantee for commercial loans provided to small and medium enterprises under the conditions specified in the individual SGDB support programmes in the form of providing bank guarantees.
Recipients of support in the form of a loan guarantee are small and medium enterprises (SMEs) - natural or legal persons, including a foreign ownership, registered in the Slovak Republic and the government ownership up to a maximum of 49%
A small enterprise is an enterprise which
- has less than 50 employees,
- has an annual turnover of maximum EUR 7 million, or reports a profit in the financial statements of maximum EUR 5 million
- is economically independent
A medium enterprise is an enterprise which
- has less than 250 employees
- has an annual turnover of maximum EUR 40 million, or reports a profit in the financial statements of maximum EUR 27 million
- is economically independent.
- an economically independent enterprise is an enterprise in which:
- the stake of entrepreneurs other than small entrepreneurs and medium enterprises in the registered capital or voting rights is no more than 25%
- the stake of such small and medium enterprises, the founders of which are entrepreneurs other than small and medium enterprises, in the registered capital or voting rights is no more than 25%
- ownership relationships are demonstrably established for the purpose of verifying the fulfilment of terms and conditions according to the previous characteristics
The SGDB currently provides guarantees using the following guarantee programmes:
- Bank guarantees for financial loans
- General Terms and Conditions of the SGDB for the provision of bank guarantees for financial loans from the State Housing Development Fund, intended for municipalities and cities for the construction of municipal rental housing
- A public support scheme for the renewal of the housing stock in the form of providing bank guarantees for loans
A description of the individual SGDB guarantee programmes is listed on the website www.szrb.sk.
The General Business Terms and Conditions of VÚB, a.s. for loan transactions shall apply to loans from SGDB resources.