The concept of sustainability and environmental protection is a permanent part of the business strategy for VÚB banka and the entire Intesa Sanpaolo group, of which VÚB is a part. As a strategic partner of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, this international banking group is one of the world's leaders in financing new business models that support the global transition to a circular economy.
To support sustainable development, Intesa Sanpaolo has created a special fund through which VÚB banka's corporate clients, including local governments, can get an investment loan at a preferential interest rate if their project meets the set criteria supporting circular economy practises as well as green framework criteria in the following areas:
- Solutions that extend product life
- Manufacture from renewable or recycled sources
- Optimisation of efficiency and effectiveness of resource consumption
- Products that can be completely recycled or composted
- Innovative technologies that enable circular business models
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficiency
- Environmentally sustainable management of living natural resources, land use, and biodiversity.
For more information, contact any corporate branch of VÚB banka.